Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Services Modelling and creation of Model-based Repositories

Starting in 2008 I worked at QUT with Smart Services CRC - mostly on modelling "services" (surprise surprise). Much of the work I did went into an SAP initiative on a Unified Service Description Language - USDL, for which I wrote and edited chapters in a Springer book on that subject, and there are several conference papers out there as well.



To facilitate a repository of service descriptions my collaborators and I developed a model-driven repository technology - now an open source project called Repository as a Service - RaaS [I know - groan, the name was a joke that stuck]. Here's the basic idea (the RaaS now uses a different OO-Relational mapper, and lots of standard Java code generators).

Using this technology I lead the software side of a candidate Australian National [Building] Object Library with QUT, Queensland Government and NATSPEC under the auspices of a joint SBE NRC/Smart Services project. More on that next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home